Sunday, February 28, 2010

Grey By Grey


No matter how much I gripe about the brushes on the new Sally Hansen's...I am absolutely in LOVE with the colors.

Friday, I was singing on a friend's live recording and another friend who was singing forgot her makeup. We ran down to the local Duane.Reade where she grabbed some eyeshadow and I saw 4 new nail polishes that I've been eyeing. Argh, Grump.Humph. LOL I swear I need NA...Nail polish Anonymous!

So, I decided since I had pretty much been stuck in the house on Saturday, besides the time I shoveled out my car, I would take some time and polish my nails a hot color. The color goes on like the others...fully opaque in 1 coat...but because I'm anal, I have on 3....with Seche as a top coat.

By the way...am I the only person who has issues with Seche Vite top coat when the bottle gets half empty? If you have any tricks on how to make it easier to use, I would greatly appreciate it!

2 comments:

  1. I hate when I'm down to half a bottle of Seche Vite... I can never get any of it ON the brush and then I have to shake the bottle between each application. Plus it gets goopy and stringy. I deal with it one of two ways:

    1. thinning it out with nail polish thinner

    or

    2. pouring out the Beauty Secrets quick dry top coat into the bottle of Seche Vite and mixing it together. It's not as thick as Seche Vite, and dries SLIGHTLY slower, but for most intents and purposes, it's basically the same product. I buy the ridiculously huge size (2.5oz) bottle for something like $5 at Sally's.

    ReplyDelete