Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Weekly Poll and Randomosity

Happy Wednesday...or what is left of Wednesday and St. Patti's Day!

Today, I didn't partake of the drinking or the parade...but the mom and I went shopping. It was actually her trip to find some flats...but I scored some red patent leather Birkenstocks for $30 at Nordstroms and a new super soft terry robe at Sears on sale for $14. (Don't knock Sears...the robe is fabu...cute, and super girly.)

Also, I came home to an email from Nubar...and I finally bought my first Nubar's this evening. Wootie...Yea...I'm so excited!! It isn't midnight yet...so go check it out. Here are the details: nUBAR offers our retail customers 20% off retail orders of $30 or more with code STPAT2030 through midnight EDT on March 17th, with free shipping on orders of $75 or more after the discount is applied.

Now I'm sitting here watching Ugly Betty and grateful to my grumpy cat who is sitting on my feet keeping them warm. Oh...I love HER. LOL Nothing like an old grumpy cat who still mews when you call their name and makes you feel so loved.

Besides that...I'm looking at 2 bags of never used polish...and trying to decide what color I want to wear tomorrow. Ayi!!! LOL

On to the Weekly Poll.....

1. How has your week been so far? Okay...tad busy...tad crazy. Last weekend during the rain, my bathroom got attacked...so I have been making sure I have gotten all the plaster and doo cleaned up. Other than that...music, music and more music to be learned.

2. Do you have seasonal allergies? More like year round allergies. I seem to be allergic to all the trees indigenous to the state of New York, dust, flowers, and my beloved cat. Ayi! Oh well...thank God for Zyterc...and my air purifier in the house...and I press ON!!

3. What’s on your nails for St. Patrick’s Day? OPI's Jade is the new black.. It should have been called Jade is the new Sexy.

4. Have you seen the new line of Tokidoki and Tarina Tarantino makeup at Sephora? Yes and I am having one of those eye covered and screaming la, la, la moments!!! LOL I have been on a serious makeup diet for almost a year and I have only caved in to nail polish. My diet may be over...I renewed my MAC PPID card today and my bday is next week. Anything is possible. *sigh*

5. What blow dryer do you use? I don't. I am an African American woman with natural hair and I try not to use any heat on my hair.

6. Are you a fan of corned beef & cabbage? Actually yes, but none for me this year. I gave up red meat for lent.

7. What’s for lunch? I think I had a gatorade. LOL I was shopping...what do you expect????

8. Do you have a favorite hand lotion? My ultimate favorite is Dove Hand Lotion that is sold in Europe. I am not a real fan of American lotion. When I'm out of my European stash, I use California Mango Mend and a squirt of California Mango Hand and Body Lotion.

9. Are you related to anyone famous? LOL I don't think he's famous...maybe he would be considered to the alumni of his alma mater. My cousin wrote the school song and fight song for Morehouse College. J.O.B. Mosley class of '29.

10. What’s your favorite kitchen gadget? So, I'm a foodie who doesn't really have time to be a foodie. HA!! I have 3 favorite gadgets...my citrus press, my Microplane food graters, my kitchen aid shears. The graters are leading the pack. Nothing like shredded garlic in some sauteed veggies. I am so grateful for Rachel Ray's trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment