Friday, July 8, 2011

Trying to make a comeback

*waving*  So I just looked at my dashboard and realized I haven't blogged in almost a year.  September 4, 2010 is a really long time.  LOL

What has happened in a year?  A lot of good singing, a lot of hard work on the voice, not enough exercising....but still a lot of nail polish and makeup collecting.  And soon...a lot of giving away.  I mean really, how much makeup and nail polish can a girl have?

Today as a welcome back to me, I thought I would post a few things that are floating my boat now.

1.  NYX Lip Smacking Fun Colors and NYX lip pencils.  My favorite color...Pumpkin Pie.  Neutral color, makes me happy and it is one of the creamiest lipsticks I own.

2. I've always been a fake eyelash wearer...since freshman year in high school...and I'm on my way to my ahem...LOL..20th HS reunion.  (I shall say NO more. LOL)  I have 3 different kinds that I rotate on the regular....Ardell's Demi 120, Red Cherry #42 and Elite #6.  I have others on the rotation, but these are the 3 that are always close at hand and are in BULK. (By the way...if you don't know them...check out Madame Madeline's.  They are fabulous...good customer service and delivery is QUICK.)

3.  Youtube...is the debbil.  LOL  I'm always in need of a good idea that will make me stand out in the eye department.  My favorite tubers...MakeupbyNaya, MakeupbyTiffanyD, Makeup By Candie and Prettygyrl83. 

4.  BH Cosmetics 120 Palettes....yes, all 3 editions.  LOL  You would be surprised..each palette has some colors that are not in another palette.  They are great and I love the level of pigmentation.  Happy, happy me!!!

5. Sigma makeup brushes...  I shan't say more.  LOL  I love the feel, their ability to do the do well...and that they aren't that expensive.

6. NYX girls nail polish.  My favorite color is Fire Amber.  It has taken me an awful long time to find a red that I love and I'm not doing the..."Eww, I don't like red nail polish" look.

7.  An oldie in the makeup drawer, but a newbie in use...Kat Von D high voltage eye primer.  With each usage, I'm happier and happier. Since I have SUPER oily eye lids, I can have an eyeshadow slide about 5 hours into my day.  There is NO slide when I wear this stuff.  I'm so dern grateful.

8. Decollete by Merle Norman.  I remember a dear friend in college wearing it and I had to find out what it was. Crack in a bottle for me. I was in KY recently and I bought a new bottle...oh man...happiness.

9. MAC Lady Gaga Viva Glam 2 lipglass.  I own ALL of the Viva Glam products...1. because  I have had too many friends who have died from the disease...2. The AIDS cause is as close to my heart as breast cancer.  This color works so well with some of my neutral lipsticks.  It does just what I want on a smokey eye day.  It even makes it fancier that MAC sends out thank you cards when you buy it.

10.  Avon's Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover lotion.  I saw it a review of it by the blogger Beatz.  I was like yea right.  I tried it...and every time Avon has a sale on it...I pick up about 3 or 4 bottles.  It removes my full face of makeup as well as eyelash glue AMAZINGLY well.

And just a random, last week I made my first purchase from Bitch-Slap! Cosmetics.  Talk about a big ole surprise when I open up my package this morning and there is a note from them.  Even if it is pre-printed, I am grateful for the thank you card. (Yes, thank you card.)  Nothing like a special touch to make a customer come back.



No comments:

Post a Comment