Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dove Body Wash

As a person who suffers from wacky skin allergies (I know...weird for a fragrance junkie.), my life has always been one with Dove soap.  My favorite is actually pink dove.  Something about the smell reminds me of my childhood babysitter who wrapped me in love...all the time.  She was truly my surrogate grandmother.

As a singer...while traveling it can be really rough trying to find what is needed when gone from home for long periods of time.  I remember when my mom and I were in Berlin, Germany for an extended period due to work, I became addicted to Dove's Oil Wash and Body Milk.  The combo didn't bother my sensitive skin and the mom and I were VERY happy.

In 1998...back to Europe I went for 4 months of singing and back to my addiction of Dove's Oil Wash and Body Milk.  To the extent that I shipped boxes of the products home that lasted for months.  (Sad, I say.)  It would irk my nerves that we didn't really have the products I wanted at home.

I can't remember exactly when Dove started selling their body washes in the states, but at first I wasn't moved.  It didn't have the same feeling like the European brands.  My friends and I would complain and continue to buy it in bulk and send it home.

About a month ago, I was hanging out with one of my friends who worked in Germany for years and has since moved back home.  She was tooting the horn of the Dove's Body Wash saying it reminds her of the European version.  I balked...she said..try it.  I did...and I'm just addicted like a looney toon!  My favorite scent is Plum and Sakura blossom.  They even had a trial size of the deodorant attached...oh my.  The scent lingers softly all day.  Love, love.

If you're looking for a moisturizing wash with a soft scent...try the Dove brand.  They even have unscented, plus a plethora of other scents.

No comments:

Post a Comment